M - Art *Return library books
T - P.E./Media
W - Art/Music
Th - Media
F - P.E.
5.4 - Review the names and values of U.S. coins
Determine and compare the values of collections of coins and bills
5.5 - Represent amounts of money in various ways
Practice counting the exact amount of money to make a purchase
5.6 - Practice making change from purchases
5.7 - Round money amounts to the nearest dime or dollar
Make estimates in situations involving money
5.8 - Write and solve problems based on tables with data
Reading - We will be starting Unit 3 (Identifying Sequence of Events) this week.
* Identify the sequence of events in pictures and text.
* Identify and use the signal language for sequence of events.
* Determine important information in text.
Word Study -
* Understand that words with a vowel and final y just add the inflectional endings.
* Understand that words with a consonant and final y change the y to i before adding -es or -ed.
* Understand that words with consonant and final y do not change the y when adding -ing
Writing - Realistic Fiction
* Discuss the features of a realistic fiction story
* Brainstorm a list of topic ideas
Science - Sound
* Observe the vibrations made by various objects that produce sound
* Conduct investigations to build explanations by observing, communicating, comparing and organizing.