T - Art *Return books
W - P.E./Media
Th - Music/Art
F - No School
11.1 - Use fractions to describe parts of regions. Use fraction strips to explore unit fractions.
11.2 - Represent fractions in a variety of ways. Use fractions to represent parts of a set.
11.3 - Write three equations to represent dividing a set into equal parts. Solve word problems involving finding a unit fraction of a set.
11.4 - Make "as many as" comparison statements, and represent them with multiplication equations.
Word Study -
• Understand that words with final vowels -y, -ey, or -ie usually have a long e sound
• Understand that words with final vowel -y in accented syllables usually have a long i sound
• Recognize the final -y (/e - /), -ey, -ie, and -y (/ı - /) in words of two or more syllables
• Write -y pattern words and indicate final pattern
Reading - Unit 8, Week 1 - Determine Text Importance/Compare and Contrast
* Identify comparisons and contrasts in a picture and text.
* Identify and use the signal language for comparing and contrasting.
* Determine important information in a picture and text.
Writing - Procedural Texts
* Establish themselves as procedural writing mentors by sharing something they made or did that followed a sequential order.
* Model how writers think about the steps they go through in the writing process.